Mary Lynn Desjarlais, Attorney at Law
Real Estate Transactions; Estate Planning; Elder Law; Wills; Trust Law; Probate; Real Property; Corporate Law; Business Law.
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, Juris Doctor, 1982; University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, Bachelor of Science, Business Administration in Finance, graduated cum laude, 1979; Edison Community College, Ft. Myers, Florida, Associate of Arts, 1977.
Sarasota and American Bar Associations; The Florida Bar 1982 to present; The Florida Bar Professional Ethics Committee (July 1, 2002 to June 30, 2005); Prior service on the Sarasota County Bar Association/ Sarasota Board of Realtors Joint Real Estate Committee.
Mary Lynn Desjarlais, P.A., Attorney at Law, Sarasota, Florida - 1993 to present, concentrating in estate planning, real estate and business law and owner of Desjarlais Title Company;
Anderson, Desjarlais, Morgan & Tjaden, P.A., Sarasota, Florida, Law Partner - 1990 through 1993;
Lyons, Beaudry & Anderson, P.A., Sarasota, Florida, Legal Associate - 1986 through 1990;
Office of the State Attorney - 4th Judicial Circuit (Jacksonville), Assistant State Attorney - 1984 through 1986;
Office of the Public Defender - 3rd Judicial Circuit (Lake City), Assistant Public Defender - 1982 through 1984.
Awards & Services:
Florida Blue Key 1977, Political Leadership Honorary at University of Florida;Suncoast Communities Blood Bank Board of Directors, October 2000 to Present
- President of Board of Directors, 2006-2007
- Vice President of Board of Directors, 2005-2006
- Nominating Committee, 2000-2005
- Mission and Planning Committee, 2002-2004
- Committee Development, 2002-2004
- Human Resources Committee, 2004-2005
- Ad hoc Committee for new building, 2005-2006
- Ad hoc Committee for fundraising, 2005-2006
- Audit Committee Chair, 2008-2009
- Finance and Investment Committee, 2007-2009
- Strategic Planning Committee, 2007-2009
- George F. Hixson Fellow Recipient
- President, 1995-1996 and 2005-2006
- Board of Directors, 1992-1994, 1997, 2002-2004, 2007
- President for Foundation, 1996-1997 and 2006-2007
- Speaker Chair, 2002 to present
- Nominating Committee, 1999 to present
- Pancake Breakfast Chair, 2007 to present
Active panelist within the ABA Advisory Panel;
Prior Member of Southwest Florida Estate Planning Counsel;
Certified Circuit Court Mediator (certification now lapsed);
Past President Sarasota Panhellenic;
Past President Sarasota Phi Mu Alumni Association;
President, Edison Community College Student Government, 1976;
Edison Community College President's Trophy Recipient for Outstanding Graduate, 1977;
Edison Community College Social Science Division Award Recipient for Outstanding Graduate, 1977;
Omicron Delta Kappa; Golden Key founding member and officer at University of Florida, 1979;
Catholic Eucharistic Minister for homebound at Bay Village Retirement Center, 2008 to present.